Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Difference Between a "Head Shop" and a "Smoke Shop"

As you may know by now, I'm originally from San Francisco and currently living in Pennsylvania, and I must admit my confusion when I came out here and people started talking about going to a head shop. What the hell is a head shop? I know we've got smoke shops - they sell cigarettes, hookahs, shisha, bongs, bubblers, grinders and the like, but certainly no heads. I had never heard the term before. Anyway believe it or not I did a little research, and it turns out head shops got their name because I guess they cater to customers who like to alter their state of mind, or head.

It was not until I stepped inside one of these stores that I realized there were some other differences too. This shit was fucking expensive; a $200 bong at that store would've costed me maybe $120 back home. But you know they never have the prices on these things, or they're in some other language or some shit, so I had to ask what the prices were... that's when I made my first mistake.

"Excuse me, how much is this bong right here?" Any of you who live in one of these ridiculous marijuana-law states know what comes next, but I sure didn't. She kicked me out of the fucking store. I wasn't going to buy the ridiculously overpriced bong anyway, but seriously? I can't say bong? Fucking head shops....

This is a smoke shop


And this is a head shop 


See that's just bullshit. They know, I know, and everyone seeing me walk into one of these stores knows exactly what I'm going to do with these "items" when I get home, and it damn sure isn't to smoke tobacco. Whatever. I  knew the girl was just trying to do her job so I tried not to give her too hard a time on my way out, but I damn sure haven't been back. How dare someone tell me what I can or cannot say? Isn't this America?

9 comments:

  1. NIce Post!


    Thanks for sharing information about Smoke Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a Great Information about World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post. bongs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good information. You can also try Online headshop
    Very good place for online pipe, bongs etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheap online head shop
    https://www.formax420.com/herb-grinder/

    Find high-quality herb grinders online and cheap online head shop at formax420. Visit us to know about online cheap herb grinders with high-quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. online smoke shop

    https://www.formax420.com/nails/titanium-nail/
    Check out titanium nails online smoke shop for bongs and titanium dab nail formax420. Know about our titanium dab nails and ours online smoke shop.



    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi admin
    I read your blog, its really awesome, I love it.
    I have additionally this related website.
    Lately, there have been a lot of anti-smoking aids introduced in the marketplace. All of them have committed helping a smoker quit smoking.
    cbd store

    Best Regards
    Nanci

    ReplyDelete

  7. online smoke shop

    https://www.formax420.com/nails/titanium-nail/

    plese visit on it & get knowledge about online smoke shop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The "b" word is strictly prohibited in our retail stores because of the laws in our state. Occasionally we have to ask customers to leave for using references like that, and while some are understanding others are not. One of the best things to do is to shop online. It's discreet, and you likely won't run into some of the headaches you would somewhere else. Our online smoke shop offers most everything that you would find in one of our retail locations. Check us out at www.upnsmokeonline.com

    ReplyDelete