Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Waterfall Bong

Happy weekend everyone! I took a few days off in the middle of my week, but I'm back to share with you what is, in my opinion, one of the easiest, cheapest, and most effective ways to smoke: The Waterfall Bong.


Now these guys do it on a grandiose scale, but the principal is the same - gravity does all the work for you. The waterfall bong and the "gravity bong (or bucket bong)" differ in their dynamics, and I find the waterfall variety to be even simpler. All you need is:
The Vortex is an acrylic waterfall bong sold in smoke shops
You might as well make one yourself 




A water bottle - bigger bottle = more smoke

A lighter - implied, but it is also necessary for making the carb

Some sort of bowl - preferably glass or metal; you don't want to smoke plastic





Use the lighter to make a smoke hole (the carb) at the base of the bottle, and another through the bottle cap. Put whatever you're using as your bowl through the cap, and if it isn't a tight enough fit, you may have to use something like clay or chewing gum to seal it airtight. Fill the bottle up with water (make sure your finger is over the carb), twist on the cap, and light the bowl as you release the carb. As the water drains out, smoke drains in, and once there's no more water just unscrew the cap and voila! A perfect snap.

A few hours ago I was frantically looking for a way to smoke the crumbs at the bottom of my bag (our house has unfortunately become, yet again, bong-less), but couldn't find anything to use for the bowl. I remembered I had held onto one of the glass bowls that broke, so I pulled it out and what do you know? It's a perfect fit. Check it out:


No comments:

Post a Comment