Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Stoner's Guide to Proposition 19


Alright I might be a little late on this one but the war on drugs is too stupid for me to let it go. Proposition 19 would have effectively legalized marijuana for adults 21 and up. That's right - no card, no prescription, no arrests for possession or sale of marijuana, and billions of dollars for a state that is on pace to default on its $78 billion in debts.

Now I do way too much actually difficult work in school, and to see my fellow Californians fuck up something so easy is absolutely mind-boggling. Tom Ammiano managed, somehow, to get the proposition on the ballot, I walked my sorry ass to the post office to send in my absentee, and it loses by 3.5 points? (I want to add proudly that 63.6% of San Francisco voted yes.) Only ten  million voters? I know there are at least 10 million stoners in California, which means they either forgot to vote or were too lazy to get their asses off the couch... either way, we're fucked.

As for the rest of the country, you're not even gonna allow it for medical use? Let's play a little identification game: 
This is a Drug


This is NOT a drug... in fact, it's a Plant

This is a Drug User


This is NOT a Drug User... in fact, it's a Cancer Patient



It doesn't take a fucking rocket scientist, or even a NORML member to tell you that smoking weed isn't really bad for you. You don't even need to ask the American Medical Association... they'll tell you. I certainly don't need to list all 200 medical uses for marijuana....

The only rational conclusion that I've been able to come to is that this country is fucking ridiculous. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment